Located at Deakin’s Burwood Location
Make a difference with our students
HEW 7 $87,673 + 17% Superannuation
The Product Development Coordinator (Industry Projects) is to take a strategic approach to managing the activities associated with the School’s final year Student Capstone Product Tribes, building excellence in project outcomes and guides project planning among student Squads and Academic Supervisors, with the objective of optimising the end product to achieve Tribe goals and end-user experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- liaise with students, academic supervisors and industry partners to assist and guide the generation of tribe product requirements each trimester
- guiding students in industry best practice approaches to determine specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction
- oversee the planning, prioritisation, resource allocation and design and delivery for Student Tribe products, effectively supporting students in their interpretation and accommodation of emergent needs, user insights and performance data
- develop and implement improved processes in the administration of the Industry Capstone Program, regularly liaising and negotiating with the Manager, Industry Projects; Administrator, Industry Projects, and other key stakeholders to communicate program activities
- coordinate and develop training plans for Academic Supervisors with limited experience in agile development, so they better understand strategic needs and assess requirements, scope effective solutions, and communicate status and resolve issues
- this role has staffing responsibilities and must therefore ensure staff and own adherence to University policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, risk and financial management, privacy, staff development and staff performance planning and review
To be successful at Deakin you are willing to enthusiastically embrace the Deakin Offer and Promise as expressed in the Deakin University Strategic Plan, and must share the University’s values.
You will be a person who is ambitious for Deakin University’s success and optimistic about its future; and will display diligence, have great resolve and a focus on producing results.
Qualifications and Experience:
An equivalent combination of training and experience in product management in a commercial or education environment or a tertiary qualification in Information Systems
Other formal accreditation in Agile frameworks and methodologies
Capabilities and Personal Attributes:
- demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and accurate communications that are appropriate for their intended audience
- proven capability to work positively and effectively as part of a collaborative work team, to accommodate and work well with different working styles and to work independently where required
- demonstrated ability to organise and plan, and to meet rigid and conflicting demands and deadlines, along with the ability to adapt to changed priorities
- coordinating support to Student Capstone Product Tribes on product and specification activities related to their Tribe Products
- offer guidance to Student Capstone Product Tribes on requirements gathering and documentation for trimester product sprints generated by stakeholders internally and externally
- provide support for complex analysis of systems with respect to advanced technologies
- provide technical assistance and support to School staff concerning technology-related experiments and projects
- use technical skills and training to solve problems as directed by the Manager, Industry Projects where required
- assist in the preparation and delivery of presentations for external industry partners
- undertake any other duties as reasonably assigned by the Manager, Industry Projects, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position
- demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative, diplomacy, tact and discretion as well as proven experience handling sensitive and personal information in a confidential and appropriate manner
- proven experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, BitBucket, Trello)
- experience and expertise in Windows 10, OS X El Capitan iOS and Android development environments
Experience and expertise in:
- Business Analysis
- Agile Methodology
- User Interface Design for Desktop and Mobile applications
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
497184 Product Development Coordinator (Industry Projects)_Final PD.pdf
Applications for this position close on 19 January 2020.
Please ensure to include a cover letter & resume in your application.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.