Digital Services Officer
Job no: 506202
Work type: Full-time
Location: Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Information Technology, Student Services, Technical
- Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Full-time and ongoing
- HEW 5 $70,410 + 17% Superannuation
The Graduate Employment Division is responsible for operationalising the University’s graduate employment strategy. The Division’s core operations comprise of career education, talent development and recruitment services and is enabled by Technology & Operations team providing shared services across all operations. This is a great opportunity for you to be part of this collaborative division and provide administrative and operational support. A tech-savvy professional, you will ensure smooth functioning of the digital work processes across platforms and tools, and users of the Division’s technologies.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
- Providing administrative and technical support and training to Graduate Employment staff and Deakin students and graduates in relation to all Divisional technologies and associated operations.
- Enabling Graduate Employment staff to provide relevant and timely support to students, graduates and employers through the use of Divisional technologies.
- Working collaboratively with the Technology Services and Operations team members to ensure completion of delegate tasks and activities across technology processes and projects.
- Assisting with research where needed, analysis of data and creation of dynamic reports for informed decision making.
- Contributing and initiate continuous improvement activities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services and processes.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary degree in information systems, information technology or data science along with relevant experience working within a team setting.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of a variety of digital tools in the context of providing support and service to customers.
- Ability to understand and follow systematic processes and procedures to be accountable to produce consistent results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and accurate communications.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and plan, pay attention to detail and to balance conflicting demands and deadlines, along with the ability to adapt to dynamic priorities.
- Proven digital and data literacy, including use of Microsoft Office 365 suite and Outlook, and the interest and ability to learn new technologies.
- Interest and enthusiasm to be part of the DeakinTALENT team and strong work ethic.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
FINAL PD - Digital Services Officer.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 31st January 2021.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working with Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend