Officer, Revenue and Reservations
Job no: 498450
Work type: Part-time
Location: Geelong - Waurn Ponds
Categories: Administration, Hospitality
- Based at our Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Part- time, 14.70 hours per week and continuing
- HEW 5 $69,028 + 17% Superannuation
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Deakin Residential Services, the Revenue and Reservations Officer will be primarily responsible for financial administration of the campus. You will also be providing high-quality customer service to the current and future residents, families, University staff and external contractors.
Your key responsibilities will include(but not limited to):
- Coordination of the financial administration of the campus, including reporting monthly accruals, resident invoicing, management of debtors, processing of resident refunds. Processing of invoices in Deakin UniFi, including creating and receipting purchase orders, supplier invoice requests, and ad-hoc payments.
- Provide training and assistance to DRS staff in Deakin UniFi processes.
- Coordination and monitoring of resident payment plans and responding to resident account enquiries.
- Coordination of group business including sourcing, contracting, billing, entry of rooming lists and briefing operational teams.
- Coordination of individual short stay reservations.
- Online marketing administration for the relevant campus including all third party online inventory channels such as Expedia and Air BnB.
- Providing support to the DRS Finance Manager, Operations Manager, and General Manager.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Relevant qualifications in office administration and customer service experience /training within the education or hospitality sector.
- Demonstrated experience in reservations and revenue management, including coordination of group bookings.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing financial administration and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and effectively within a team environment, including the ability to plan and implement activities involving problem-solving skills.
- Good computer literacy skills, particularly in relation to online media channels and updating online websites.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the need for confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds, and particularly young people.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Position Description- Officer Revenue and Reservations.pdf
Applications for this position close on 27 February 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend