Officer, Mechanical Services and Automation
Job no: 497979
Work type: Full-time
Location: Melbourne - Burwood, Flexible
Categories: Building and Property Services, Technical
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing role at the Burwood location
- undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance works
- HEW 6 $79,680 + 17% Superannuation
This exciting role sits within the Infrastructure and Property Group reporting to the Supervisor, Mechanical Services and Automation and supports the operations and maintenance of all mechanical systems and Building Automation Systems (BAS) across the University to ensure the University’s assets run cost-effectively and efficiently.
This role is a great opportunity to utilise your technical skills to manage all the mechanical and Automation systems and scheduled and unscheduled maintenance works of the heating and the cooling systems successfully in both BAS and HVAC
You will be able to handle multi – tasks at any given point in time and be adaptable and flexible to manage high-volume tasks with rigid deadlines.
If you have proven experience in making recommendations to the managers in relating to improvements to the service, installations and contractors and also monitor and undertake planned maintenance works to various HVAC installations, then we would like to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- independently undertake maintenance works to various heating and cooling systems, ensuring the effective implementation and operation of the plant to the University’s Design Standards, building regulations and relevant codes
- engage and manage contractors, and monitor the maintenance works they undertake, to ensure compliance with University standards and contract conditions
- analyse performance and/or failures of installations to recommend or initiate remedial works and repairs, and make recommendations regarding upgrades and improvements in installations, operations and procedures with consideration of their environmental impact
- follow and manage maintenance strategies to ensure their success in delivering both preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across all campuses
- oversee a service contract strategy to strengthen programmed preventative maintenance and improve asset and building lifecycle, while reducing reactive maintenance costs
- make recommendations with opportunities for improvement which may result in higher efficiency / and/or reduced breakdowns of University assets
- oversee repairs to heating and cooling installations in response to planned and unplanned maintenance requests and maintenance works to HVAC installations
- triage of plant failures and instigation of speciality contractor attendance
“To be successful”, you’ll have
- relevant trade qualification in HVAC/ Mechanical Services, or demonstrated significant and relevant experience
- Ability to read and understand technical building and floor plans within a multi-trade environment
- Fault finding and diagnosis to make recommendations for best solutions
- Ability to understand and work with building automation control software, i.e. Tridium
- Knowledge of building industries including Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
- Significant and relevant experience with commercial Heating, ventilation, Mechanical Services and Air Conditioning equipment
- relevant experience operating building automation systems
- extensive experience in mechanical plant and the usage of control systems relating to building automation
- proven computer literacy skills, including use of Microsoft Office suite, with attention to detail
- well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills together with proven negotiation skills
- proven experience working as part of a collaborative work team
- significant and relevant contract management experience Knowledge of Archibus or similar work request system
- Refrigeration experience
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD Mech Serv_Auto January 2020 Final.pdf
Applications for this position close on 25th February 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend