Job no: 496926
Work type: Part-time
Location: Other - Regional Victoria, Warrnambool
- Based at Western District Health Service in Hamilton
- Part-time (0.5) and fixed-term until 31st December 2020
- HEW 4 $63,699 + 17% Superannuation
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to assist in the administrative activities that Deakin undertakes to achieve its performance targets under the Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) program. This will include general administrative and project duties to support School and DRH staff and related education and training programs.
With prior experience in a similar administrative position, you will be highly organised with the ability to manage a busy and varied workload. Your meticulous attention to detail and focus on quality are also key attributes required for this position. Working closely with students and a range of staff involved with Deakin’s RHMT activities, you will also liaise regularly with Faculty of Health teams, Deakin Student Administration and Facilities. In addition, you may have contact with local health stakeholders, including public hospitals, non-government organisations, councils and community groups. Your ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a range of stakeholders are therefore essential to ensure your success in this position.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Rural Multidisciplinary Coordinator and Student Support Officer with the provision of information and advice to Faculty of Health students and staff regarding support options available for rural clinical placements.
- Provide administrative support for all rural reporting requirements and grant administration.
- Provide committee secretariat support identified by the DRH Director and School Manager, such as ARHEN (e.g., represent DRH on the ARHEN service-learning network).
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the RHMT Research team.
- Provide relevant information and advice to students and staff around support options available including financial assistance (eligibility criteria and application process), accommodation (location options and application process) and OH&S obligations and requirements (support contact information etc.).
- Assist with preparation, collation and distribution of reports and promotional material related to RHMT-funded student support options, including promotional flyers, and appropriate online content.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining databases that track student activity and provide relevant data and information to assist with the completion and maintenance of Student Placement Agreements and RHMT reporting requirements.
- Organise meetings, functions, workshops and conferences for DRH related activities.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Completion of a diploma level qualification and subsequent relevant work experience (administrative) OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven capability to work positively and effectively as part of a collaborative work team, to accommodate and work well with different working styles and to work independently where required.
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills, including an ability to provide effective and appropriate advice and information to a variety of people and to use discretion with confidential information.
- Proven organisational and administrative skills, including an ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and manage a varied workload in a busy environment, and capacity to be flexible in responses to changed work priorities.
- Good written communication skills including the ability to compile and prepare reports, respond to email enquiries from a varied audience and other documents under direction.
- High level computer skills including experience with the Microsoft suite.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Administrative Assistant.pdf
Applications for this position close on 20th January 2020.
- Victorian Driver Licence (travel between sites may be required).
- Working with Children Check.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend