- Flexible location
- Full-time and continuing
- Level C $132,664 - $152,551 + 17% Superannuation
Deakin is a cutting-edge public university in Victoria, revolutionizing education with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and our dynamic online Campus. We're proud to be a progressive and open-minded university, delivering the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world's universities.
Deakin Learning Futures provides teaching support to deliver premium educational experiences and the best possible learning environment.
Working with the Director, Teaching Capability, the Senior Lecturer will contribute to leading and delivering university wide initiatives and projects to improve teaching practice and student learning outcomes through capability building in teaching teams.
This role works within the teaching capability team to support learning and teaching resulting in an enhanced student learning and experience.
As a Senior Lecturer you will:
- Work collegially and constructively with other teams in Deakin Learning Futures in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating projects and initiatives to support and advance learning and teaching within the University.
- Collaborate with Faculties, Schools/Departments, and other Deakin Divisions to provide capability building, reward and recognition programs.
- Maintain up to date applied working knowledge and expertise in relation to academic development and contemporary teaching practice to support student experiences and success.
- Conduct scholarly research and publications with an emphasis on higher education.
Key Selection Criteria includes:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience
- Highly developed knowledge, skills and expertise in learning and teaching, with particular focus on academic development and teaching practice.
- Evidence of the ability to lead and/or support the development and execution of a diverse range of projects and initiatives designed to engage stakeholders broadly and collaboratively in learning and teaching practice.
- Evidence of excellence in contribution to teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, in online, campus based and blended learning environments.
Here's how to apply:
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Barbie Panther, Director Teaching Capability on email@example.com
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Senior Lecturer Learning Futures.pdf
Applications for this position close at 11.55pm on the 3rd of December
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.