- Based at either our Melbourne Burwood or Geelong Waterfront Campus
- Full-time and fixed term for 12 months
- HEW 5 $77,114 - $86,490 + 17% Superannuation
Why work with us?
At Deakin you will have access to benefits such as a variety of leave options including generous parental leave and the ability to purchase additional leave; flexible working arrangements to help manage your work-life balance; ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow your career; an inclusive and supportive culture and environment to work in, both online and on campus.
About the role
The Adviser, Recruitment Services is responsible for administrative support for end-to-end recruitment processes, ensuring accuracy and consistency of service delivery and a positive customer experience. By building strong relationships in the Recruitment Services team and across People Services, the role will provide efficient, accurate and timely solutions to internal and external customers across the entire recruitment process. This position will provide administrative support to enable recruitment into various employment types across all areas of the University.
With hybrid work arrangements available, this position is perfect for applicants who are interested in starting a career in Recruitment or People and Culture. We are looking for a candidate who has a willingness to learn, a can-do attitude and an appetite to grow and develop.
As an Advisor, Recruitment Services you will:
- Understand recruitment processes, utilising standard documents, accurately updating systems, generating reports to regularly track progress of work tasks and identify key issues
- Support the Recruitment Services team with administrative activity associated with casuals, visitor forms, honorary appointments and support for other recruitment activity in peak periods as needed
- Take ownership for key elements of the process and liaising with stakeholders to ensure accurate and efficient administrative support is provided
- Recognise the importance of teamwork and of effective communication amongst team members and building rapport within immediate team in ways that are respectful and inclusive of others
- Clarify expectations and responding promptly to customer or candidate requests, queries, or complaints via email and ServiceNow to ensure client needs are met to agreed standards and timelines
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Completion of a Degree without subsequent relevant work experience or completion of an Associate Diploma with subsequent relevant work experience
- A willingness to learn new skills and systems
- A strong work ethic
- A service culture approach where you consider other perspectives when making decisions and providing advice. You will strive to exceed expectations
Here's how to apply:
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Jessica Nairn (Consultant, Recruitment Services) via email at email@example.com
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Adviser, Recruitment Services.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday, 3 December 2023.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.