Job no: 547651
Work type: Full-time
Location: Geelong - Waurn Ponds, Melbourne - Burwood, Flexible
Categories: Administration, Human / People Services, Marketing and Communications, Student Services, Customer Service
- Based at our Melbourne Burwood or Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 7 $97,940 - $107,842 + 17% Superannuation
Deakin is a cutting-edge public university in Victoria, revolutionising education with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and our dynamic online Campus. We're proud to be a progressive and open-minded university, delivering the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world's universities.
The FreelancingHUB is an exciting and innovative work-integrated learning initiative designed to develop work-ready graduates. Offering internship placement opportunities for students, open to all study areas and Campuses (including online), to experience real life consultative working environments developing a solution for a not-for-profit or community organisation.
The Coordinator will play a key role in the coordination and delivery of the FreelancingHUB program, and is responsible for the day to day operations of the HUB. In addition to managing key stakeholder relationships with the students, project managers, clients and internal Deakin departments, this position is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing key promotional activities and program related events. This role seeks to continually identify process improvement opportunities to benefit the continuous improvement and growth of the program.
As the FreelancingHUB Coordinator, you will:
- Build new and productive relationships with a diverse range of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals both inside and outside the University
- Develop and implement practical, accessible solutions based on stakeholder needs
- Seek feedback on improvement opportunities from a diverse range of key stakeholders and implement change through appropriate channels and overcomes obstacles to change
- Challenge existing processes by formulating creative and inclusive alternative solutions and benefits
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative files; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. Proven experience in the coordination and management of events.
- Experience in coordinating student-focused programs and advising students
- High level of digital literacy skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Business Suite.
Here's how to apply:
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Michelle Wootton at email@example.com
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - FreelancingHUB Coordinator.pdf
Applications for this position close at 11.55pm on the 3rd of December.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now