Officer, Gift and Information Processing
Job no: 533845
Work type: Part-time
Location: Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Administration, Customer Service
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Part-time and fixed term
- HEW 5 $74,148 - $83,163 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Gift and Information Processing Officer coordinates and processes philanthropic gifts to the University as well as donor and alumni information updates. This position provides high level advice and support to Advancement and to the broader University to assist with the provision of an efficient and transparent gift management service within the University which meets the highest level of accountability in reporting on the management and investment of all philanthropic gifts to the university. The position also plays a key role in establishing, reviewing and improving gifts processing services and systems.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Clarify expectations and respond promptly to staff, donor and stakeholder requests, queries, or complaints to ensure client needs are met to agreed standards and timelines
- Provide advice to staff and stakeholders and make referrals to other areas of the University as required
- Build productive relationships with a diverse range of existing stakeholders and actively seek to maintain positive relationships
- Present information in a clear, structured, concise and tailored way by focusing on key messages and check that messages are understood and meet audience needs
- Take personal responsibility and show initiative to meeting goals and objectives contributing to an inclusive team environment
- Adopt new ideas and approaches and learn from various points of view and confirm understanding
- Contribute feedback and suggestions and identify situations in which change is needed to improve services policy and practice
- Recognise the importance of teamwork and of effective communication amongst team members and build rapport within immediate team in ways that are respectful and inclusive of others
- Any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Completion of a Degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or
- Completion of an Associate Diploma and at least two years subsequent relevant work experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience in administration and related activities in a large organisation with complex administrative structures, policies, and procedures
- Experience in operating in a high‐pressure diverse environment, involving face to face, phone, and written communication
- Experience providing services and support in a large organisation
- Experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience with Donor, Alumni, Student, HR or similar complex relationship management databases
- Experience with basic bookkeeping
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Gift and Information Processing.pdf
Applications for this position close on Monday, 6th February 2023.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Malissa Gough (Manager, Gift Processing and Administration) on email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now