- Flexible location - Melbourne Burwood Campus or Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Full-time and fixed term until 13 October 2023
- HEW 5 $74,148 - $83,163 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The role provides professional customer service and administration support for the Deakin Card office and internal and external clients, as well as broader administration support to the Security, Transport and Retail teams within Campus Operations. The role supports the Security, Transport and Retail teams in the implementation of communications strategies across multiple engagement channels including social media. Previous communications experience will be highly regarded
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide high-level customer focussed support, advice and assistance to users of Deakin Card through a range of channels including phone, email and digital
- Generate new ideas and shares those ideas with others in the work area to improve process and practice
- Consult with available sources to gather relevant information and seek the expertise and advice of other people as appropriate
- Understand local processes, prepare standard documents, manage records, regularly track progress of work tasks and identify key issues
- Clarify expectations and respond promptly to client requests, queries, or complaints to ensure client needs are met to agreed standards and timelines
- Build productive relationships with a diverse range of existing stakeholders and actively seek to maintain positive relationships
- Take personal responsibility and show initiative to meeting goals and objectives contributing to an inclusive team environment
- Adopt new ideas and approaches and learn from various points of view and confirm understanding
To be successful, you’ll have:
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience in administration and related activities in a large organisation with complex administrative structures, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in operating in a high-pressure diverse environment, involving face to face, phone, and written issue
- Experience providing services and support in a large organisation
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Administrative Officer Deakin Card.pdf
Applications for this position close on Monday 6 February at 11:55pm.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Elissa Helyer (Senior Officer, Deakin Card) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.