- Flexible location
- Part-time (29.4 hours per week) and continuing
- HEW 5 $74,148 - $83,163 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Cloud Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The position provides administrative support that contributes to the effective coordination and implementation of administrative processes of the Office of the Faculty of Health, and in particular the processes associated with Research and Research Training. The Research Administrative Officer will provide administrative support for the low-risk Human Research Ethics (HEAG-H), research events, research website and communication, and research data collection and reporting. In addition, this position provides administrative support to the Associate Dean Research.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the administrative processes for the Human Ethics Advisory Group - Health (HEAG-H) including data entry, correspondence with the applicants and reviewers, organisation of ethics meetings and events, maintenance of records and the database, monitoring compliance, and the preparation of reports relating to the performance of HEAG-H
- Supporting effective communication with staff and students, and coordinating the update of student and staff resources including advice on ethics administrative processes, the maintenance of the Faculty Research website and wiki, and the development of handbooks/guidelines and other materials to support research and research training
- Providing advice to staff and students on the process, interpretations, and requirements of applying for human research ethics, ethics exemption
- Collating information for Deakin University’s annual research collection, including liaising with authors, sourcing and uploading of evidence, and publication data entry
- In conjunction with the Research Manager, maintaining and enhancing efficient and effective administration, information management systems, and research and research training reporting, including electronic databases and record storage, by adopting established Faculty data management protocols
- Providing high level administrative support to the Associate Dean Research, the Faculty HDR Coordinator, and Research Manager, in relation to Faculty research and research training
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Completion of a Degree and at least two years subsequent relevant work experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Research Administrative Officer.pdf
Applications for this position close on 2nd February 2023.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Steven Sawyer, Manager, Research, via email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.