- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and Continuing
- HEW 6 $85,588 - $92,428 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
To provide high-level professional support to the Industry Projects and SIT Innovation team to establish and support IT industry stakeholder partnerships and collaboration opportunities in support of the delivery of student programs across the Industry Projects and SIT Innovation Portfolio. In particular this role will work with the Manager, Industry Projects on the establishment and running of a program of IT Industry sponsored awards as well as identification of opportunities for higher degree by research (HDR) and PhD industry internship placements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Draw on a diverse range of people, groups and resources to identify new or improved opportunities, processes and ways of doing things to enhance organisational strategy
- Consult a diverse range of stakeholders and experts, not immediately involved, to gain a broader and deeper understanding of a specific issue
- Seek feedback on improvement opportunities from a diverse range of key stakeholders and implement change through appropriate channels and overcomes obstacles to change
- Build new and productive relationships with a diverse range of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals both inside and outside the University
- Communicate with confidence using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to increase understanding and support
- Actively seek feedback from colleagues and stakeholders on things that are working well and areas for improvement
- Plan and prioritises work and critical activities appropriately and recognises barriers to achieving outcomes, finds effective ways to deal with them and evaluates progress
- Strive for excellence and consult regularly with clients to clarify who requires the information, the purpose for which it is required, criteria for success and where and when advice and recommendation is required
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. (business development, stakeholder engagement, marketing, event management)
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Senior Officer, IT Industry Engagement (HEW6) PD.docx
Applications for this position close on 11 February 2023.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
- Infrequent travel will be required describe further (e.g., interstate or overseas travel is required or regular travel within Victoria, including between campuses)
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Record Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Jesse McMeikan, Manager, Industry Projects on email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.