- Flexible location
- Full-time and fixed term for 4 years
- Competitive Salary on offer + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Cloud Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Director Commercial Health & Wellbeing has responsibility for the development and implementation of strategies aligned with the University activities within the health & wellbeing sectors, for linkages with industry, government and other public and private sector organisations to support research, development, and commercialisation at Deakin University.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver on strategies to position Deakin as a preferred research partner in targeted markets for industry and government
- Lead the development of long-term relationships, to ensure strategic alignment across faculties, institutes and portfolios, and external partners
- Developing a shared vision to grow research and support the commercialisation of research outcomes through the University’s Commercialisation and Translation team
- Lead the business development activities of identifying and nurturing relationships with industry and government
- Represent the university in commercial negotiations, and effectively liaise on complex commercial contracts and research agreements
- Lead capacity building of Deakin researchers and research teams to effectively engage with industry and government and plan for the commercialisation of their research outcomes
- Coordinate the development of tender, contract and project proposals and business plans
- Grow opportunities for partnering with industry, government and venture capital to maximise commercial outcomes and to meet the needs of key industries and the community
- Championing continuous improvement strategies and align operations with leading practice
- Build team capability, enabling team members to provide trusted advice and offer expert solutions and strategies aligned with Deakin’s strategic priorities
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated capacity to build relationships and represent with internal and external partners and customers, and at the highest levels across industry, government and university sectors
- Demonstrated industry or research sector experience of connecting research, funding and community impact
- Industry experience within the field of Health & Wellbeing
- Proven understanding of university research culture and the pathways for commercialisation of research
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative work teams to achieve quality customer service for clients
- Understanding of research and technology concepts and ability to achieve commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements and coordinate projects.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Director Commercial Health and Wellbeing 533026.pdf
Applications for this position close on 5 February.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Ross Mahon via email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.