- Flexible location
- Full-time and Continuing
- Attractive package on offer
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Digital Services team is seeking to appoint a Digital Architecture Support Lead to provide planning and architectural support services to ensure digital architecture processes work effectively with University processes. Maintain and promote the Business Capability Model, technology reference model and produces insightful overlays to support projects and drive effective business decisions.
This role works in direct partnership with the Digital Architecture Team and various other business areas to input directly into the maintenance and development of technology roadmaps and engages with all areas of the University promote the Business Capability Model and increase stakeholder understanding.
In addition to supporting the Digital Architecture Team with optimising the architecture tools and promoting the adoption of these, this position will lead the communications of the Digital Architecture Team via appropriate communication channels and promote the architecture practice across the university.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor external sources, identify underlying trends and use a range of references and professional networks to conduct specific research ensuring sustainable and inclusive results
- Develop, maintain and use a variety of systems, processes, diverse range of people and sources to gather information and gain deeper understanding and make critical strategic decisions
- Develop a network of useful contacts within Deakin and integrate perspectives held within different areas of the University and puts plans in place to build collaboration and develop common goals
- Use understanding of the client context to anticipate needs, tailor services, improve service offering and ensure a high-quality outcome by addressing client feedback and setting service standards
- Proactively create, establish and retain professional networks, mutually beneficial relationships and considers practical application and alignment within Deakin
- Navigate appropriate course of action, gain agreement on preferred approach and prepare advice (information, materials and recommendations) to meet specific stakeholder style and requirements
- Interpret needs and offers pragmatic, inclusive and sustainable solutions based on research and in alignment with University context, policies and practices
- Use understanding of the target audience to structure and shape communication to meet their information needs or concerns and anticipate and prepare for the audience’s reactions and questions
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary degree in a computer-related discipline or a degree in another discipline plus a postgraduate qualification in information technology or related discipline; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training (digital/Business architecture or related discipline)
- Experience using the ArchiMate modelling language.
- Experience in using Orbus iServer as an architectural model repository.
- Knowledge of TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
- Demonstrated exposure to multiple, diverse industries and ICT environments.
- Broad high-level knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and Business Analysis practices.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Digital Architecture Support Lead.pdf
Applications for this position close on Thursday, 2 February 2023
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.