Senior Coordinator, Candidate Development & Recruitment (Geelong)
Job no: 506125
Work type: Full-time
Location: Geelong - City, Geelong - Waurn Ponds
Categories: Human / People Services, Student Services
- Geelong location (at either Waterfront or Waurn Ponds)
- Full-time, fixed-term position for 12 months
- HEW 8 $100,289-$114,824 p.a + 17% super
Join the Graduate Employment Division at Deakin in this fixed-term maternity leave position based at either of our Geelong locations.
As Senior Coordinator, Candidate Development & Recruitment you will identify and source a broad range of employment opportunities aligned to the current recruitment market and, support and facilitate the recruitment of Deakin students and graduates across all study areas. The Senior Coordinator, Candidate Development & Recruitment will also contribute to broader Divisional operations.
This position works collaboratively with other staff in the Talent Development & Recruitment Services team and key stakeholders in the Graduate Employment Division to ensure efficient and effective delivery of Candidate Development & Recruitment programs and initiatives across all Campuses and the Cloud
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review and source job vacancies advertised on external Job Boards to promote to and support targeted student and graduate cohorts
- Follow up potential recruitment leads and employment opportunities including connecting students with recruitment agencies
- Promote the Deakin graduate brand and DeakinTALENT’s recruitment services to graduate recruiters, employers, industry professionals, recruitment agencies, employer groups and relevant professional associations
- Support and conduct screening and shortlisting of applicants and undertake real-time candidate development to enhance applicants’ recruitment outcomes
- Source and identify opportunities to reverse market students and graduates in the candidate pool to potential employers, working with cohorts on candidate development throughout
- Practice systematic and rigorous information management to capture and maintain up to date employer partnerships and relationship management across stakeholder groups
- Deliver weekly Career Success Workshops and, facilitate and contribute to career events and other Divisional initiatives
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Significant relevant experience with enhancing the employability of students
- Proven experience and track record in strategic partnership development and delivering professional services within a graduate recruitment context
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team to plan, monitor and deliver projects and achieve targets
- A passion for supporting students and graduates to develop their graduate marketability and secure employment
- An agile and adaptive mindset to be responsive to changes in the external environment, adopt change and support the Division implement its evolving strategy and operations
- Commitment to delivering measurable outcomes and continuous quality improvement through the use of effective and systematic business processes, rigorous information management and systematic review of operations
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
FINAL PD - Senior Coordinator, Candidate Development & Recruitment.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 31st January 2021.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend