- Improving Student Experience (great opportunity to make a positive impact!)
- Strategic and operational link between Student Central and Faculty and Divisional areas
- HEW 9 $116,584 + 17% Superannuation
Based at our Geelong Waurn Ponds or Geelong Waterfront campus, this exciting role sits within the Division of Student Administration and is a full time, continuing position.
As Group Leader, Student Central Hubs, you will be responsible for the leadership, management and support of the three regional Student Central Hub teams located across the Waterfront, Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool campuses. The position also provides support to other Student Service Network teams, located in the Burwood Student Central Hubs and Cloud Campus Student Central, and acts as a key strategic and operational link in the Student Service Network between Student Central and Faculty and Divisional areas. The position also facilitates the development of strategies for continuous improvement of all processes and ensuring these improvements are aligned with the University’s policies, as well as the development of strategies for cultural improvement within the Student Service Network.
The Group Leader, Student Central Hubs acts as a role model for the DSA Values and encourages their teams to demonstrate these in performing their duties for Deakin.
Your key responsibilities will include
- providing strategic advice to the Manager, Student Central Hubs, and the General Manager, Student Service Network on the organisation and planning of processes and services consistent with University policies and procedures, as well as to relevant external legislation
- actively leading the advancement of a quality service ethos, driving regular reviews of practices and systems to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services and processes, monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensuring service standards are met and reported on
- providing leadership and manage the staff and activities of the Student Service Network teams in the regional Student Central Hubs, as well as the development and maintenance of team culture and exemplary student centred service ethos in line with the DSA Values, through effective communication of University and Divisional objectives
- taking a leadership role in the following key areas as allocated: service management, operational planning and reporting, benchmarking, training, data analysis and management, continuous process improvement, risk management, and quality assurance
- taking a leadership role across the Student Service Network in the areas of continuous process improvement and cultural improvement working with Communities of Practice and the Student Experience Managers in the Faculties
- building and maintaining strong relationships with the Faculty Student Experience Managers and act as an escalation point as needed from within the Student Central Hubs
To be successful, you’ll have
- an equivalent combination of training and experience or a tertiary qualification
- extensive experience and management expertise
- high-level leadership and management skills in a customer service/education environment dealing with a large volume of enquiries and complex workflows
- demonstrated ability to motivate staff, successfully manage their performance, provide timely and regular feedback and effectively manage conflict when it arises
- demonstrated ability in building and maintaining relationships and working effectively with team members, customers and other University staff
- demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to evaluate service delivery and institute change
- ability to apply quality principles and practices including those relating to continuous improvement
- demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative, diplomacy, tact and discretion as well as proven experience handling sensitive and personal information in a confidential and appropriate manner
- Flexible work schedule ( some activities are held outside normal office hours)
- Annual leave may not be approved during certain times of the year
- Regular travel between campuses (Geelong Waterfront, Waurn Pounds and Warrnambool)
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Group Leader Regional Student Central Hubs.pdf
Applications for this position close on 1 December 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter (maximum two pages), please explain your interest in and suitability for the role, including examples demonstrating capability, your leadership skills and your aspirations for the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Jodie Aanensen, Manager, Student Central Hubs on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9246 8896.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.