- Based at our Warrnambool Campus
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and Continuing
- Level B: Starting Salary $99,346 + 17% Superannuation
The School of Nursing and Midwifery at Deakin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities globally and is one of the largest schools of nursing and midwifery in Australia based across the three University campuses.
The Lecturer will be actively involved in teaching, research, consulting, industry partnerships, and professional activity. Along with liaising with students at all levels, you will also play a key role in promoting the School and maintaining links and partnerships with the academic, industry and professional communities.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching in nursing and midwifery at the undergraduate level (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings).
- Contributing to research projects, collaborations and publications.
- Supervising or examining honours students, or making a contribution to the supervision, management and timely completion of HDR students.
- Representing the School or Faculty at academic, professional and community forums.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a registered nurse and as a registered midwife.
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design.
- Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research funding.
- Ability to make a contribution to community engagement for research and teaching.
- Capacity to contribute to leadership of teaching, research and/or administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Position Description - Lecturer (Warrnambool) - 505280..pdf
Applications for this position close on 29th November 2020.
- This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working with Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
- Evidence of immunisation status
- National Police Check
Please submit your resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Nikki Phillips at, firstname.lastname@example.org or 9244 6954.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.