Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are intended to build research and innovation capability and excellence and create impact, in strategic priority research strengths at Deakin University.
The Fellowships support and develop early career researchers, aiming to enhance our capacity and capability in key research areas and build the next generation of high achieving and internationally competitive researchers. The scheme is highly competitive.
The role and eligibility
Key responsibilities will be to successfully undertake a significant and innovative research project and participate as an active member of the University’s research community.
Fellows can be based at any Deakin campus however it is recommended that they be located on the same campus as their assigned supervisor.
Applicants must have been awarded a PhD on or after 1 January 2017 or, together with allowable career interruptions, have an award of PhD date that would be commensurate with a PhD Award Date of 1 January 2017.
Refer to the 2021 Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme Guidelines, Instructions and Conditions of Award for a full description of the scheme and the associated eligibility requirements.
- The Fellowship provides 2 years of salary support from a Level A, Step 6 up to the top of Level B classification, commensurate with experience (ranges from $88,209 - $117,503 per annum; current at 24 May 2020).
- Successful Fellows also receive a once off research support grant of $15,000, which must be used for direct research costs that relate specifically to the research project.
How to apply
1. Read the 2021 Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Guidelines, Instructions and Conditions of Award
2. Liaise with the Faculty/School/Institute/SRIC that aligns most closely with your research interests and identify your proposed supervisor. Refer to the Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Faculty/School/Institute/SRIC contacts page.
3. Prepare the following supporting documents to be uploaded as part of your application:
4. Complete the online application form ensuring you upload all supporting documents. A preview of the form is available.
5. Submit the application on or before the closing date and time.
If you have questions regarding the scheme, please visit the ADPRF website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position close at 23:55 (AEDT) Monday 2nd November 2020.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold because of life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.