Casual Application and Integration Developer
Job no: 504576
Work type: Casual
Location: Geelong - Waurn Ponds
Categories: Information Technology
Salary Rate: Casual HEW 6 rate supply ($53.16 per hour) + 9.5% superannuation
Employment Type: Casual
The Application and Integration Developer is responsible for providing technical and programming support in maintaining and developing the research online infrastructure including the research website, DeakinSync, web applications (both developed locally and by third parties) and other research systems. In addition, the position provides advice, training, information architecture support and technical expertise for major projects including: integration of research systems and web interfaces; digital initiatives projects, and major web site redevelopments. Within the University, the position works with staff from eSolutions with regard to critical service management, development and integration issues. This role is performed as part of an Agile Scrum project team.
To Be Successful, you'll have:
- An equivalent combination of training and experience or a Post-secondary/Graduate/Postgraduate qualification or Tertiary degree in an Information Technology or related discipline and subsequent experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Experience in managing competing priorities including planning and executing projects to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining web applications and digital projects together with extensive knowledge of service management, development and integration.
- System development and database skills using industry standard tools, applications and languages along with commitment to the use and support of web and system development methodologies, standards and quality procedures.
- Technical skills in database implementation, MySQL and; or Oracle and development languages (e.g. HTML, ZEND; or similar PHP, JAVA, Python).
- Understanding of software versioning and revision control system (e.g. SVN, Git).
- Virtual environment provisioning and deployment skills (e.g. Virtualbox, Vagrant).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to prioritise work to ensure that goals are met and timelines realised.
- User experience with an Agile Lifecycle Management Tool (JIRA, Rally, etc.).
- Proven ability to work under pressure and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Diligent, efficient and self-motivated.
- Working With Children Check
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical support in planning, design, development and integration of research website, DeakinSync, web applications (both developed locally and by third parties) and other research systems that will streamline the collection and reporting of information.
- Maintain, configure and support of research applications, Jira, ServiceNow, that drive the day to day requirements of the research systems inclusive of analytics and reporting team.
- Assist the Service Delivery Manager in the continuous improvement of web applications and systems in support of operational services provided by Deakin Research.
- Contribute to the development of standards, documentation and reviewing of processes and procedures, to support Manager Research Analysis and Reporting, IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Contribute to the implementation of solutions to streamline workflows and processes for enhanced productivity and data analysis improvements.
Position Description: PD - Casual Application and Integration Developer.pdf
Please ensure to include a resume and cover letter.
For further information, please contact Rachelle De Brito, firstname.lastname@example.org
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend