- Flexible Location – Burwood, Geelong or Warrnambool
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 9 $116,584 + 17% Superannuation
Deakin’s eSolutions division is seeking an ambitious leader with a strong focus on producing results. Within this role, you will ensure Testing and Quality standards are understood and followed, and scoping, design, execution and reporting practices are well established across project, development and operational teams.
This role leads the highly effective and efficient end-to-end enterprise Quality and Testing functions that service all University systems and emergent demands arising from the convergence of technologies such as cloud, IoT, Software/Platforms as-a-Service, big data, social and mobile. Experienced in leading and developing teams within large, complex environments, you will have demonstrated success in uplifting team capabilities with respect to modern and agile test practices, including DevOps and Automation testing. In addition, your strong focus on people and culture will drive team cohesion and alignment to the University’s core values.
Once we return to the office, regular (e.g. fortnightly or more) travel is typically expected between the primary location of work and other Deakin premises in order to meet the responsibilities of the role, including to meet with colleagues in eSolutions and other business units, and external stakeholders. Infrequent work outside business hours may be required occasionally, such as weekend work during platform upgrades, or during launch of new products.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing transformational leadership globally of the Quality and Testing functions, inclusive of best-practice strategies, frameworks and standards, policies and processes, enabling tools and reporting.
- Driving high-class contemporary Quality and Testing, toolsets and assets across a complex solution portfolio (in-house built, third party procured, on-premise and cloud).
- Establish and maintain metrics, SLAs and processes, including formal relationships with key customers and eSolutions’ teams (e.g. Solution Architecture, PMO, Application Development, Digital Solutions & Products, Infrastructure, etc.), that ensure overall effectiveness and suitability of Quality and Testing estimates, strategies, plans, reporting and UAT certification.
- Lead cost-effective, efficient, scalable, repeatable, reusable and robust Quality and Testing related services across all University ICT programs / projects as well as ICT operations.
- Strategically plan and evolve a contemporary, innovative Quality and Test portfolio and environment that fosters purposeful design, reuse and self-service, and allows direct participation and decentralised technology use by distributed teams across the University and eSolutions.
- Effectively manage related vendor negotiations, relationships and third party Test teams’ solutions.
- Build, lead, manage and mentor a high performing team of onshore and offshore professionals providing a full suite of Continuous Quality and Test functions and tools.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant ICT discipline; or a degree in another discipline plus a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Professional qualifications or certifications in Information Architecture, ITIL v3 or PRINCEII or equivalents would be highly desirable.
- Extensive experience managing a Quality or Testing function and team at a senior level in a large, complex organisation, preferably across multiple geographies.
- Applied, working knowledge of the latest technologies and trends in Continuous Quality Testing in a software deployment pipeline.
- Substantial proven experience leading and developing teams, in both operational and project capacities, to consistently achieve excellent results, preferably across multiple geographies.
- Producing Test reports for major reports.
- Highly developed strategic/conceptual skills with proven ability to successfully plan, design and implement complex ICT services and functions.
- Quality or Test management or design for commonly-used higher education sector ERPs and systems – for example, Desire2Learn, Callista, Workday, Salesforce, ServiceNow, PeopleSoft, or equivalents is highly desirable.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Position Description - Manager, Digital Quality and Testing (504464).pdf
Applications for this position close on 29th October 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Michael Heley at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.