• Melbourne Burwood or Geelong Waterfront campus
• Full-time and continuing
• HEW 8 $100,289+ 17% Superannuation
Reporting directly to the Information and Integrated Analytics Manager, you will mainly oversee the data analytics capabilities across the Faculty by developing analytical solutions, identifying and developing platforms and tools that will help the Faculty meet both its operational and strategic agenda.
As a Senior Data Analyst, a crucial element of your role will be involved in developing a clear framework that establishes consistent standards and methods for analytics across the Faculty as well as identify both lead and lag information for critical functions within the Faculty.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Leading the design, development, delivery and continuous improvement of a faculty wide analytics framework which is aligned with contemporary industry practice.
• Coordinating and undertaking modelling, analysis and regular performance reporting of complex data sets, ensuring current and future business requirements are embedded, discoverable and measureable.
• Providing technical leadership in planning, design, development, implementation, integration and maintenance of data analytical tools, applications and services in the Faculty.
• Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of data environments.
• Documenting and maintaining data dictionaries, managing version control, maintaining privacy, confidentiality and security to all data sets.
To be successful, you’ll have:
• Completion of a postgraduate qualification, or progress towards a postgraduate qualification, in a relevant discipline, such as Business or Commerce, providing for strong data analytics skills and significant subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, training and education.
• Substantial experience in the provision of high-level business and information support and services, including experience gathering, documenting and managing user requirements.
• Strong analytical skills including modelling, analysis and regular performance reporting of complex data sets and presentation experience.
• Demonstrated ability and experience working with data analytical tools such as TM1, Power BI and /or Tableau.
• Experience coordinating data extraction, preparation, blending and cleansing processes.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Position Description: FINAL PD HEW 8 Senior Data Analyst 04092020.pdf
Applications for this position close on Tuesday October 27th 2020
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Wayne Amos on +61 3 522 72389.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.