Officer, Admissions and Credit Transfer
Job no: 504456
Work type: Full-time, Part-time
Location: Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Administration, Student Services
- Part-time, Fixed-term opportunity – 0.8 FTE until end August 2021
- Based at our Burwood campus
- HEW 5 ($70,410-$78,972) p.a + 17% super
The Faculty of Business and Law prepares graduates for careers of the future. This position helps to support the realisation of the Faculty’s mission by providing comprehensive student focussed admission and credit transfer advice and support. The position also provides administrative oversight and support to both academic staff, professional teams and students regarding current and proposed admission and credit transfer guidelines and processes for Faculty owned courses in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- broad administrative experience ideally obtained within a University setting or large organisation
- excellent organisational, time management, coordination, analytical and problem-solving skills, together with a demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and to work with competing demands to meet deadlines
- highly developed customer service skills, with an understanding of cross-cultural issues
- demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of performance and attention to detail, particularly in roles that were process driven and/or in a high volume processing environment
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Perform admission and selection activities within relevant University Statutes, Regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and timeframes, including but not limited to VTAC and Direct applications, working to deliver specified targets/timeframes
- Complete all individual and institutional credit transfer assessment activities in liaison with team members, academic staff and other professional teams and stakeholders in order to respond to, resolve or escalate credit transfer enquiries
- Provide student focused information and advice in relation to admission, selection and recognition for prior learning to Faculty staff, prospective and current students, and internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively across the Academic Compliance and Curriculum Group, other Faculty professional teams and other divisions to complete delegated tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of selection and recognition for prior learning activities
- Support senior staff by participating in course teams to provide advice on admission, selection and recognition for prior learning activities.
- Ensure relevant Faculty and University databases are maintained and updated in a timely and accurate manner to provide for the integrity of information reflecting Faculty decisions in relation to both admission, selection and recognition for learning, precedents and student credit entitlements.
Applications for this position close on Monday 26th October 2020.
Please ensure to include a cover letter and a detailed resume in your application.
Position Description: FINAL PD Admissions and Credit Transfer Officer_09092020.pdf
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend