- Flexible location
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed-term until December 2022
- HEW 6 $81,274 + 17% Superannuation
Based at either our Geelong Waterfront, Deakin Downtown or Burwood Campus, this exciting role sits within the DVC Education, Cloud Learning Futures team and is a full time fixed-term contract until December 2022.
Deakin Cloud Learning Futures collaborates with faculty teaching and learning support teams to continually enhance courses and build capacity for all university teaching staff.
As a User Experience Specialist, you will assist in the design, development and improvement of digital learning resources, products and applications. A crucial element of your role will see you work collaboratively with stakeholders across Deakin researching UX experiences, applying proven UX tools and techniques to achieve ease of use, engaging material and more enjoyable digital learning experiences.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Improving existing sites, products and applications to achieve better user-centred alignment and overall experience
- Designing and developing the information components for the build of resources in consultation with specialists within Deakin Learning Futures (DLF) and other strategic projects
- Producing student-centred digital learning resources for strategic projects and faculty-based activities and programs, with additional research where necessary
- Producing UX artefacts that can inform teams within the University on service improvements and enhancements to the student digital experience
- Facilitating design thinking workshops to challenge existing ways of doing things and develop prototypes which can form the basis of service innovations
- Undertaking UX activities as part of emergent technology and larger strategic projects in partnership and with guidance from the Change and Partnership Manager and the Director of Cloud Learning Futures
- Undertaking reviews, provide guidance and participate in sharing and upskilling others to help others better understand the required standards, best practice front end channel design and development; and effectively implement UX tools and techniques
To be successful, you’ll have:
- An equivalent combination of training and experience or Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in a commercial or educational digital design and/or development environment applying UX design tools and processes in the production of web-based multimedia resources
- Demonstrated experience in applying UX tools and techniques and delivering digital services within a large organisation
- Significant experience and expertise in the use of digital technologies to produce learning resources for delivery by, and/or inclusion within a range of formats and environments
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment, contributing to the development of team members’ skills, cope with pressure and unforeseen problems, and to offer pragmatic solutions to these.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with stakeholders at a variety of levels, acting as a conduit for the effective communication of technical information to stakeholders with varying levels of technical experience and understanding.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - User Experience Specialist.pdf
Applications for this position close on 30 November 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter (maximum two pages), please explain your interest in and suitability for the role, including examples demonstrating capability, your skills and your aspirations for the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Marcus O’Donnell, Director, Cloud Learning Futures via e-mail Marcus.email@example.com or on 9246 8532.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.