- 12 Months Fixed Term with potential for extension
- Swanston Centre, University Hospital Geelong
- Build collaborative networks and co-create strategies
CHIME is a joint partnership between Barwon Health and Deakin University to focus on translational research in mental health. We are seeking to appoint an Interim Director to lead the establishment and implementation phase of this partnership that will include laying the foundational systems and processes. The Interim Director will play a critical role in Barwon Health’s Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) leadership team and bring together Deakin Schools, Faculties, Institutes, Centres, and Researchers with the MHDAS program in a collaborative network that will co-create and deliver strategies to improve mental health service delivery.
Your key responsibilities will include, to:
- Establish the collaboration centre and its associated systems, processes and governance.
- Build strong engagement with MHDAS clinicians to support translational research partnerships.
- Provide leadership and program management across Barwon Health and Deakin University’s research teams.
- Ensure that appropriate and effective governance and operational policies and agreements are established and implemented.
- Liaise with government bodies and industries in the healthcare and/or mental health sectors, with special emphasis on contributing to system responses to issues and research in areas relating to mental health care and associated public policy.
- Coordinate bids for government and research grants and to establish the partnership as a Centre of Research Excellence.
- Contribute to the recruitment of the inaugural Director.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Highly developed leadership and management skills with demonstrated success in the development, coordination and delivery of complex programs, including managing government stakeholders and industry partnerships in the areas of healthcare and/or mental health services and in strategic research innovation initiatives and programs.
- A relevant PhD with a record of clinical practice and/or research and publications in a discipline related to healthcare or mental health or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education.
- Strong professional government and industry networks related to the field, nationally and internationally.
- Sophisticated understanding of research translation from clinical trial to industry/Government, or from evidence to practice and policy.
- An ability to effectively represent the partnership at the highest level within government, industry and academic networks in Australia and internationally.
- Desirable - Demonstrated capacity in effective advocacy at the local and national level.
- Desirable - Proven understanding of the impact of economic policy and regulatory frameworks that impact on industries, government agencies and the broader community in relation to the development, provision and management of healthcare services and/or mental health services.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Position Description -Interim Director CHIME.pdf
Applications for this position close on 15 July 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Steven Moylan, Clinical Director, Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Services at STEVEN.MOYLAN@barwonhealth.org.au
Are You Ready?
Barwon Health is a major metropolitan health service. As a teaching hospital of Deakin University, it provides medical student, pre-vocational and vocational training in a range of specialties. Barwon Health provides a comprehensive range of acute, rehabilitative, aged, palliative, residential and psychiatric care, as well as community health services from 24 sites across Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula. The opportunities to grow and enhance your career are endless.
Working at Barwon Health allows people to strive and work to the full extent of their qualification, capability and experience with great leadership, and a working environment that enables this. As a service, we are focused on providing the highest quality patient-centered care whilst living the Barwon Health values respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.