Casual Animal Ethics and Research Integrity Administrator
Job no: 498559
Work type: Casual
Location: Geelong - Waurn Ponds
Categories: Administration, Research
EMPLOYMENT TYPE:Casual (Full Time)
SALARY RATE: Casual HEW 5 rates apply ($45.15 per hour)
Deakin Research Integrity is the part of Deakin Research responsible for the central administration of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, and for required approval processes in relation to research or teaching involving animals, humans and genetically modified organisms, on behalf of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research). The position forms one of Animal Ethics team and Research Integrity team, and reports to the Senior Adviser, Research Governance and Integrity. The incumbent works closely with the Senior Animal Ethics Coordinator, Animal Welfare Officer, with the Animal Ethics Committees and with researchers and students seeking animal ethics approval.
To be successful, you’ll have:
Completion of a degree in a relevant discipline with experience relevant to the position, or extensive experience and specialist knowledge, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide high level general advice to the University’s Animal Ethics Committee (AEC) and staff and students on the use of animals in research or teaching in accordance with legislative requirements and University policy.
- Provide high level administrative and secretarial support to the AEC’s and Research Integrity team.
- Maintain accurate records to facilitate the efficient management of animal ethics within the University.
- Implement and monitor a wide range of administrative tasks associated with animal ethics, to ensure the efficient management of animal ethics within the University.
- Provide support to the Senior Adviser, Research Governance and Integrity as required
Applications close on 1st March 2020 at 11.55 pm.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Animal Ethics Administrator - Casual 2020.doc
For further information please contact Christine Heng, email@example.com
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend