Deakin University welcomes applications from suitably qualified professionals for the Chief of Staff position within the Office of the Vice-Chancellor. This is a full-time, ongoing position based at the stunning Waterfront Campus in Geelong, Victoria.
Reporting directly to the Vice-Chancellor, the Chief of Staff will provide high level advice to the Vice-Chancellor. The Chief of Staff will manage Office staff, including the Media and Internal Communications Unit.
Primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the Executive team meetings, including planning agendas and minuting meetings.
- Research and develop position papers, submissions, plans, policy documents, guidelines, advice and recommendations on matters requested by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Contribute to and monitor the progress of initiatives established by the Vice-Chancellor to ensure timely and successful completion, including special projects assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Participate in internal meetings on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, ensuring appropriate and responsive follow-up and accountability of outcomes.
- Work with the Vice-Chancellor on University Council matters.
You will have the ability to quickly synthesise information, with demonstrated experience in drafting policy, reports, briefings and other documents. Your analytical, research and problem solving skills will have been honed in a high pressure environment, dealing with complex situations and information. You will have proven experience in exercising sound judgement and discretion and can demonstrate that you are responsive and flexible to changing priorities.
The ability to quickly forge strong and credible relationships with the Executive, Council members and stakeholders, both internal and external to Deakin, will be integral to your success in this role. As an experienced people leader, you will ensure adherence to University policies and procedures and a focus on staff development and performance planning.
Please find a copy of the position description here: Position Description - Chief of Staff.pdf
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Stacey Kelly – Manager, Talent Acquisition on 0448 985 378 or email@example.com
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.