Digital Communication Officer
Job no: 497946
Work type: Part-time
Location: Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Administration, Information Technology, Marketing and Communications
- Make an impact and work in a welcoming, dynamic and fascinating role!
- Add your rich abilities and inspirations to our community
- HEW 6 $81,274 + 17% Superannuation, Fixed Term Part-Time 14.7 hours per week (.04) until December 2020
Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus, this exciting role sits within the Faculty of Arts and Education, School of Communication and Creative Arts.
This is a role where you will strive, make and tell stories that change the world by collaborating with a broad range of world-leading academics, dedicated professionals, High-impact researchers and students who share your passion and energy.
To thrive in this role you will use your creative flair to generate engaging content in the artistic and communicative fields to enhance the School’s online identity and that of the discipline groups within the School. You will be responsible for updating and maintaining the School’s digital communication platforms, including the website content and other media channels to ensure digital standards are maintained and aligned with the brand and culture of the University.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, develop and maintain the School’s digital strategy and online content, including the School’s website, blogs, podcast, videos, newsletters and social media, while ensuring content and design adheres to agreed standards, timeframes and is in line with best practice.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in both the School and Faculty to assist them to effectively manage School communications.
- Create and deliver regular reports of data and analytics of the digital channels for the School, including insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Faculty and University digital team to create up-to-date digital content and provide effective and efficient content solutions.
- Actively contribute innovative and creative ideas to enhance the exposure and impact of School events.
- Develop and deliver communication projects, products and initiatives to promote the work, achievement and story of the School.
- Share knowledge to increase awareness of digital trends and innovations with internal stakeholders.
- Any duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position.
To be successful, you’ll have
- A tertiary degree and/or subsequent relevant experience in marketing, digital media, communications, or visual media.
- Expert knowledge of social networking channels and demonstrated experience in administering social media platforms.
- Broad experience with a range of online communication tools, such as WordPress and Hootsuite.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including an eye for detail and proofreading.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and dissemination of digital content that is accessible to a general audience.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 28 February 2020.
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
To review the FINAL PD Officer, Digital Communication (1).pdf
Are You Ready?
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend