Cyber Security Architect
Job no: 497939
Work type: Full-time
Location: Flexible, Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Information Technology
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing role
- Can be based either at Geelong Waterfront or Melbourne Burwood Campuses
- HEW 9 $114,298 + 17% Superannuation
This exciting role sits within our award-winning Cyber Security Team at Deakin University eSolutions Portfolio and will be primarily responsible for reducing the risks to Deakin staff and students systems and data, by providing the security architecture and design services
This role is a great opportunity and plays a crucial position for the identification and delivery of initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of security services to Deakin.
You will successfully demonstrate your expertise in managing relationships with internal and external business and technology stakeholders and also to provide leadership and guidance around security architecture approaches and practises to help Deakin realise it’s long term security strategy and roadmaps.
If you have proven experience in development and governance of information security and network architectures in complex environments combined with outstanding stakeholder management skills and high-level communication skills including reporting and presentations, then we would like to hear from you!
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing security systems for the protection of both business and customer data. Have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up-to-date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products
- responsible for security blueprints and principles for projects and other changes
- involve in designing security services Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
- identify and design security architecture elements to mitigate emerging security threats in align with Deakin’s long-term security strategy and roadmaps
- define and maintain a framework of security patterns, blueprints, services and guardrails to empower the business to rapidly and safely innovate within a hybrid cloud environment
- provide strategic advice and high-level guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards
- obtains and acts on vulnerability information and conducts security risk assessments, business impact analysis and accreditation on complex information systems
- contributes to the development of information security policy, standards and principles
- establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting a breach of security drills
“To be successful”, you’ll have
- high level of understanding of security operations and technology architecture
- demonstrated experience in security, risk management, assurance management, designing, building and running technology services in alignment with security best practice
- experience in facilitating outcome focused risk workshops with a range of technical and business stakeholders
- proven specialised experience across a wide variety of technologies such as cloud, networks, applications and platforms
- demonstrated expertise in the development and governance of information security and network architectures in complex environments
- experience in security threat and risk assessments, policy, architecture and design
- Up to date with cloud and emerging technologies and associated risks and opportunities.
- Experience with frameworks such as NIST CSF, ISO27001/2, ISO 3100, TOGAF, SABSA.
- high-level stakeholder engagement skills and interpersonal skills and provide technical leadership and oversight across the cybersecurity team
- provide guidance to align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy ensuring achievement of portfolio objectives
- well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills together with proven negotiation skills
- proven experience working as part of a collaborative team
- demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, extract, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Cyber Security Architect.pdf
Applications for this position close on 26th February 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff, and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend