- 0.7 Part-time continuing role
- Geelong Waurn Ponds
- Level C $118,757 + 17% Superannuation (pro-rata)
Deakin’s School of Medicine has established a reputation for research excellence, backed by success with the National Health and Medical Research Council(NHMRC)
As a Senior Lecturer, you will make an independent contribution to the School and Faculty’s teaching and assessment, research, program development, and relevant service activities, with a particular focus on teaching and learning.
Your key responsibilities will include and not limited to:
- Provide leadership of curriculum and assessment design, implementation and evaluation, and lead processes which support academic standards, student outcomes, and graduate capabilities, within the PHM Theme.
- Provide academic supervision to MD students undertaking the Research Scholar Program, and to HDR students.
- Design and implement best practice assessment and evidence of student learning outcomes at Unit and Course level, and lead assessment panels.
- Leading the development and implementation of collaborative research projects with researchers in the School, Faculty or University and with researchers from other Australian and international institutions.
- Building and leading an effective and high performing team of public health medicine teaching and research staff within the School of Medicine.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Ph.D. in Public Health or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, including staff performance management, financial and strategic planning.
- Experience in developing innovative curricula and educational resources that reflect an understanding of the practical application of public health medicine.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of research programs and partnerships.
- Experience in quality assurance and innovation of assessment programs.
- Experience in leadership and administration of academic programs, such as course or unit coordination.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD Senior Lecturer Public Health Medicine Final .pdf
Applications for this position close on Wednesday 5th February. Please note, the University will be closed from 21 December 2019 until and including 1 January 2020. During this time our staff will not be available to answer recruitment queries. We look forward to responding to any queries once the University re-opens on 2 January 2020.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Dr.Laura Gray on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.