The Centre for Innovation in Mental and Physical Health and Clinical Treatment (IMPACT) is a multidisciplinary strategic research centre that integrates clinical, epidemiological and basic research with a strong translational focus. We contribute to the understanding of the aetiology and impact of psychiatric, musculoskeletal, metabolic and other health disorders.
- Work in our world-leading, multi-disciplinary research centre with world-class researchers
- Level A or B $68,914 - $97,398 + 17%
- Based in Geelong CBD, at the new iMPACT Institute
As the Research Fellow you will coordinate clinical trials of A2 dairy versus non A2 dairy in accordance with GCP guidelines and National Health and Medical Research National Statement on Ethic Conduct in Research Involving Humans standards.
You will work closely with the Chief Investigators and students working on the project. The role will be based primarily at the Food & Mood Centre. part of the IMPACT Centre, funded by The A2 Milk Company.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Collection of data, including biological samples, from participants.
- Effectively manage data, maintain data protocols and enter data into the clinical trial database. Conduct data cleaning, screening and analysis.
- Assist with recruitment of participants including liaising with consumer groups, external facilities/community agencies and general practitioners.
- Be involved in professional activities, including (subject to availability of funds) attendance at conferences and seminars in their field of expertise.
- Oversee all administrative functions including clinical trial documentation, HREC approvals and interaction with other regulatory bodies and assist the Director of the Food & Mood Centre in administrative tasks.
- Ensure effective communication and liaison with other staff within the Department, Hospital and other collaborating groups.
- Processing of biological samples and other lab-related tasks as per study protocol.
- Co-supervise or where appropriate, supervise, honours or postgraduate research students ensuring successful completions with quality results
To be successful;
- PhD. In a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct high quality research.
- Knowledge and research experience in the field of Psychiatry.
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the capacity to work on multiple concurrent projects, and to meet competing deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a research team
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the publication of research journal articles and/or conference presentations, and a competitive publication track record relative to experience.
For further job requirements, please review the relevant position description that outlines the section criteria requirements for Level A and Level B.
For a copy of the position description, please see Associate Research Fellow FAMC Level A Final (3).pdf and Research Fellow FAMC Level B Final (2).pdf
Applications for this position close on 6th January 2020. Please note, the University will be closed from 21 December 2019 until and including 1 January 2020. During this time our staff will not be available to answer recruitment queries. We look forward to responding to any queries once the University re-opens on 2 January 2020.
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Wolf Marx, Dean's Research Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Medicine +61 3 5227 8677 email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.