- Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
- Full-time fixed term Contract: 3 Feb 2020 -31 Dec 2023.
- Level B $97,398 + 17% Superannuation.
The Faculty of Arts and Education offers an exciting range of programs in teaching and research in Communication, Creative Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Education and Indigenous Knowledge and Culture.
Based at our Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, this exciting role sits within the Faculty of Arts and Education and is a full-time fixed-term contract.
As a Lecturer, International Relations, you will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of International Relations and will make an independent contribution to the School’s teaching, research and program development. The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic and professional communities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- provide an excellent contribution to the School’s teaching and research programs
- publish high quality research in journals of high repute
- contribute to the achievement of Deakin’s strategic goals in research, teaching, engagement and innovation
- contribute to the research achievement of the School
- undertake professional and administrative roles and responsibilities that enhance the discipline and Deakin
- enhance the quality of teaching and learning activities, including identifying and responding to opportunities to advance the discipline
- develop relationships with research, community, industry and government for enhanced teaching and research outcomes
To be successful, you’ll have:
- PhD in a relevant discipline
- a strong record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and PG programs
- an emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications
- the ability to contribute to community engagement for research and teaching
- the capacity to contribute to leadership of teaching, research and administration
- excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
- an expertise in Security Studies and Contemporary International Politics would be highly desirable
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD_LEVEL B LECTURER IR_Oct 2019 (2).pdf
Applications for this position close on Thursday 9 January 2020.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Associate Professor Sally Totman Marshall Convenor of International Relations, School of Humanities and Social Sciences on email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.