Sessional Tutor in 2020 :
The sessional tutor role will involve teaching the following units.
NOTE: Please only nominate units (maximum 3) that align with your current expertise.
ADD101 Design Thinking
ADD102 Design Skills and Technologies 1
ADD104 Design Laboratory
ADD103 Design Skills and Technologies 2
ADV102 Typography and Publication Design
ADV101 Drawing and Illustration
ADD201 Designing User Experience
ADV201 Web Design and Interactivity
ADV202 Branding Design
ADD202 Design Strategies
ADD203 Professional Practice in Design
ADV203 Visual Communication Design Studio
ADD302 Individual Design Portfolio
ADD303 Design to Change the World
ADD301 Collaborative Design Project
ADA101 Designing 3D Motion
ADT201 Digital Technologies Design Studio
ADA203 Interactive Animation Design Studio
ACG703 Design Skills (Post Graduate Unit)
ACG708 Design Thinking (Post Graduate Unit)
ACG702 Digital Publishing (Post Graduate Unit)
ACG708 Design Thinking and Problem Solving (Post Graduate Unit)
To be successful, you’ll have:
1. Appropriate degree or experience relevant to unit.
2. Understanding of relevant unit subject content as demonstrated by academic achievement and/or professional competency.
3. Excellent teaching skills and experience teaching the subject-matter, or capacity to develop teaching skills within the context of the unit.
4. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with students and unit chair and commitment to providing timely and constructive feedback on student assignments.
- Please list no more than three units you would like to be considered for.
- Please upload a current CV (if you are not already on the tutoring register).
- Please note all successful applicants will need to have a Working with Children Check at their own expense.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
As a Sessional Tutor you will make an important contribution to the discipline(s) and unit(s) for which you are engaged. You will prepare and conduct tutorials, consult with students, undertake assessment and attend meetings as required by the Unit Chair.
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.