Sessional tutors for Advertising, Digital Media, Journalism and Public Relations in the School of Communication and Creative Arts, Faculty of Arts and Education
Job no: 496407
Work type: Casual
Location: Flexible, Geelong - Waurn Ponds, Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Arts, Education
Sessional tutor in 2020
We are seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from highly motivated sessional staff to teach into the undergraduate and postgraduate communication programs in the School of Communication and Creative Arts.
Please note previous applicants need not apply as this is a rerun of the same advertisement
To be successful, you’ll have:
1. Relevant degree or experience commensurate with nominated Communication units.
2. Understanding of relevant subject content and skills demonstrated by academic achievement and/or professional experience.
3. Excellent teaching skills and commitment to providing timely and constructive feedback on student assignments or capacity to develop teaching skills.
4. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- List up to three units you would like to be considered for and which are at an appropriate AQF level given your qualifications and experience (see below) Please see the Deakin handbook for the course and unit listings: Master of Communication suite - A743 and associated graduate certificates and diplomas, Bachelor of Communication suite - A325 Public Relations, A331 Journalism, A333 Digital Media, A334 Advertising.
- Please upload a current CV (if you are not already on the tutoring register).
- Successful applicants must have a full and current Working With Children Check obtained at their own expense.
AQF Level Guide.
To teach units in:
- A Bachelor degree you must have an Honours degree or above (or equivalent experience)
- An Honours degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma you must have a Masters degree or above (or equivalent experience)
- A Masters degree you must have a Doctoral degree (or equivalent experience)
Your key responsibilities will be to:
As a sessional tutor you will make an important contribution to the discipline(s) and unit(s) for which you are engaged. You may be asked to prepare and conduct seminars, consult with students, undertake assessment and attend meetings as required by the Unit Chair.
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend