The sessional tutor role will involve teaching the following units. NOTE: Please only nominate units that align with your current expertise.
AMC204 3D Character Animation
AMC300 Pre-Production and Project Pitch
AMC339 Documentary Animation
AMC340 Major Creative Project
ACG706 Designing for Web Environments (Post Graduate Unit)
ACG709 Strategic Branding (Post Graduate Unit)
To be successful, you’ll have:
1. Appropriate degree or experience relevant to unit.
2. Understanding of relevant unit subject content as demonstrated by academic achievement and/or professional competency.
3. Excellent teaching skills and experience teaching the subject-matter, or capacity to develop teaching skills within the context of the unit.
4. Knowledge, experience and skill in 2D and 3D animation software (TV Paint, Adobe Creative Suite and Maya) and sundry moving image and sound editing programs; Knowledge of under-camera animation creative workflow.
5. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
6. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with students and unit chair and commitment to providing timely and constructive feedback on student assignments.
- Please list the unit/s you would like to be considered for.
- Please upload a current CV (if you are not already on the tutoring register).
- Please note all successful applicants will need to have a Working with Children Check at their own expense.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
As a Sessional Tutor you will make an important contribution to the discipline(s) and unit(s) for which you are engaged. You will prepare and conduct tutorials, consult with students, undertake assessment and attend meetings as required by the Unit Chair.
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.