- Two years fixed term role in Geelong Waterfront or Burwood location
- Manage the resource allocation end to end
- HEW 9 $114,298 + 17% Superannuation
As leaders in technology, we drive digital innovation at Deakin. We collaborate across the University to deliver intelligent, future-focused solutions that anticipate and respond to our needs.
This exciting role is based at our eSolutions division and will manage resource requirements across all eSolutions projects & programs and facilitate alignment between resource providers and project managers for sufficient resourcing which may involve effectively analysing and managing conflicting priorities, within a matrix structure. This position will manage requirements for all types of resources across projects, people and materials (e.g. licenses, hardware and environments).
As a successful candidate, you will demonstrate experience working in a collaborative team culture and able to manage resource allocation during the entire lifecycle of digitally-enabled projects from concept to closure.
If you have proven experience in resource planning, scheduling, managing and project resource-related financial management preferably from an information technology background, then we would like to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- successfully managing resource allocation during the entire lifecycle of digitally-enabled projects, from concept to closure, by procuring from internal and external providers and assigning them between different projects according to need
- successfully developing and maintaining procedures for the management of resources and supporting project managers, particularly for resource allocation and actuals
- analysing complex issues and solving resource problems regularly, offering alternative solutions to meet requirements
- providing guidance and support on evolving Projects & Programs standards and processes and leading successful establishment of a standard resource management tool
- working in collaboration with project managers, architects and technical leads for allocating resources (people, funding, material & environment) across streams of projects within eSolutions
- working in collaboration with the Vendor Management team for contract finalisation and timely onboarding or extension of contracted resources and the finance team
- managing any resourcing conflict in response to varying or planned circumstances by engaging with resource group owners and resource users
“To be successful”, you’ll have
- tertiary degree in the relevant discipline
- proven experience in resource planning, scheduling, managing and project resource-related financial management preferably in an IT background
- experience using scheduling tools (preferably Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server)
- demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills and superior stakeholder management skills
- demonstrated ability to develop collaborative resource structure for projects within a matrix organisation
- excellent leadership skills including the ability to be assertive and handle conflict effectively
- thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of the entire project lifecycle, from concept to closure
- ability and willingness to work collaboratively to improve program and project management methodology continually
- demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative, diplomacy, tact and discretion as well as proven experience handling sensitive and personal information in a confidential and appropriate manner
Experience working in a tertiary institution and have prior experience in Project methodology and management training (preferably Prince2) will be considered favourably but not essential.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Resource Manager (1).pdf
Applications for this position close on 20th November 2019.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits, including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third-party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.