Join a team of established colleagues within the Department of Management in the Deakin Business School based at our Melbourne Burwood campus.
- Collaborative and inclusive team environment
- Melbourne Burwood based
- Level C/D $118,757-$156,733 p.a + 17% Superannuation
The Deakin Business School (DBS) comprises six academic departments that span the full range of business disciplines: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems & Business Analytics, Management, and Marketing. The Faculty’s teaching aims to be innovative utilising face-to-face teaching and on-line technologies to ensure a high level of flexibility for the diverse learning needs of our students.
The Department of Management within the DBS comprises 60 faculty with education and research strengths that includes strategy, international business and entrepreneurship. An exciting opportunity now exists for a mid/advanced career academic to join the Department as a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor, where, as the successful candidate you will lead and contribute to the Department’s teaching programs at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels whilst also undertaking research and publishing in an area relevant to Organisational Behaviour and/or Management.
This is a full-time, level C or level D continuing position to be based at our Melbourne Burwood campus. Appointment and salary will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and research track record.
Appropriate relocation and/or immigration support will be offered to interstate/international candidates.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide leadership which enhances the achievement of the Department’s strategic plan in research, teaching and external engagement
- teach programs offered by the Department at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels including supervision of students at honours and/or doctoral level
- produce high-quality research in journals of national and international standing including a contribution to the department’s research agenda and strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- to partake in activities which enhance the profile and reputation of the discipline
- develop and maintain relationships with relevant research, community, industry, government and professional partners to establish collaborations and industry partnerships
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a PhD in an area of relevance to Organisational Behaviour/Management
- experience teaching relevant units/courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels including supervision of honours and/or higher degree by research students
- a research profile including publications in high quality journals
- some evidence of success in obtaining competitive research funding
- existing relationships and an ability to further enhance engagement with external bodies to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
494774 - Senior Lecturer Organisational Behaviour Management (Level C) - PD.pdf
494774 - Associate Professor Organisational Behaviour Management (Level D) - PD.pdf
Applications for this position close on 15 November 2019.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Amanda Pyman, Head, Department of Management on +61 3 924 46170.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.